The Liberation Museum is set in the beautiful landscape near Nijmegen, Arnhem and the German border, a unique location: Operation Market Garden, the largest airborne operation in history took place here in September 1944 and Operation Veritable, the Rhineland Offensive, the final road to freedom in Europe, started from here in February 1945. The museum brings the historical events of the liberation by the American, British, Canadian and Polish troops back to life. In the museum, you live through the period preceding the war, experience the occupation, celebrate the liberation and witness the rebuilding of the Netherlands and Europe after the war.
- Freedom on Wings: 750 model airplanes of WW2
- Model of Operation Market Garden
- Air-raid shelter and Liberation Street
- Diorama of the Waal crossing
- Operation Veritable: the battle for the lower Rhine
- The Dome with Roll of Honour